Saturday, March 17, 2012

Worn out

Ms E had these favourite shoes that she refused to let us throw out.  It was already biting her toes yet she loved them very much and kept wearing them.  We had originally bought them when they were on sale in Colettee thinking that it would come useful come year end Concert when she was in k1 (2011).  Who knows, the school closed at the end of 2010 and there was no concert for her to wear them.  She didn't forgo wearing them and tried to wear them on each and every occasion and only retired these end 2011 after the dad promised to buy her a new pair (yet to appear).

I had to take a pix of the worn out state of the shoes and immortalise them.  I can't recall her having loved anything so much, and probably not even Dorothy in Oz loved hers that much.


Because the shoes were black, shabby and yet sporting a round simple diamond, I decided to make a layout that would bring out the shoes (at least I hope I did).  The layout was done on black cardstock, which was a little challenging initially.  I didn't want to do the run of the mill super brights nor the black white type and decided to let the layout just flow.  I put the title in with black glittery foam Thickers (and I super love glittery fonts, if you haven't already discovered) and did my layering and distressing. 
The elements I put together were 1) about shoes 2) depicting young girl and 3) love to bind these two together.  I used the number washi tape cos ... well.... don't they look like shoe size tape? hehe.  Of course, I had to add in tulle... tulle is so girl.  I resisted the urge to make it all soft and flowery since I felt the focus should be all on the shoes.

  I had quite a bit of challenge trying to lay on black cardstock, but I enjoyed the process.  So this became my challenge that I set on the Moments Recorded Facebook group and it garnered many beautiful submissions.  If you have a black cardstock layout to share with me, please do!

Materials : Cardstock - American Crafts; Punch - Martha Stwart; Stamp - Teresa Collins Posh; Paper scraps - Webster Pages, Kaisercraft; Trims - lace , tulle, washi tape.

2 comments: