Sunday, February 12, 2012

Candy Cane

I scrap after the event passes, so here's one where BbC had her very first candy cane.  Here in sunny Singapore we will never have snow.  Christmas is always terribly hot, warm and occasionally periods of long continuous rainy showers.  However, that doesn't change the fact that we celebrate christmas anyway!  For my family, Christmas is about the birthday of Jesus except that we get the presents all the time.

I tend to procrastinate over Christmas photos because they don't turn out as cute/ fluffy/ christmassy as those I see from other countries, but this year I decided to go ahead and use up my stash - since friends were still buying Christmas chipboards for me.

 I wanted to create my own snow so I went ahead to mix acrylic paint, Helmar acid free white glue and my glitter dust.  Can you see the rough glinty effect of the dried white glitter?  I like the texturing a lot!  I guess if you mix brown, it can pass off as sand for another layout.


Of course, I couldn't resist those cute little mitts too though no one wears them.  Tied them up with a little bit of twine and they look so festive and ready to go!




I did something a little different this time.  I used the now-so-popular MT tapes from Japan to do a little border around the photo, accent the words and tab for the date.

Materials : Paper - My Little Shoebox; Chipboard Elements - Cosmo Cricket; Alphas - Thickers, My Little Shoebox; Ribbons - Daiso & Michael's; MT Tape - Japan; Twine - The Twinery.

No comments:

Post a Comment