Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rest

My rainbow sister Lily's birthday falls on the end of September.  Lily loves purple, and I made a purple card for her last year.  But I did not want to make a purple card for her this year so I thought a little about it. 

Our pastor always speaks to us regarding the finished work of Christ, and always reminds us to be in a position of resting in His promises.  Lily too is a christian, so I naturally wanted her to "rest".   Lily is a busy bee and so I thought what better to depict rest than a chair.

I stamped this houndstooth armchair in deep purple and had it embossed , fussy cut and popped on a yellow green background.  It is a little lime in color but I could not get an accurate tinge on the iphone. My cam could not be repaired so I am depending on my 4S until I have decided which camera or whether I need a new camera at all...

I embossed a piece of vellum, stained it lightly with purple chalk pigment, then misted a piece of lace to match.  I was quite pleased with the effect! Then I put in my signature bling by the pearls to finish up the bow, and tiny crystals to "stud" the vellum frame to complete the look.  The happy birthday tag is handwritten on washi tape, on a white cardstock piece.  

Of course, I had to stamp a crown to complete the royalty look!
Gorgeous , ain't it?

Materials : Card base - DCVW, Emboss plate - Cricut, MT washi tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment