Monday, March 21, 2011

School's out, where to go?

At Gracefields at the end of each school year, the parents would be asked to tick which photo we wanted to order. I always ordered just the one for the class, thinking that I'd order the full package once she reaches K2 (her final year). Who would have known that the Teck Whye branch could only afford her two years, in Nursery 1 and Nursery 2, before closing down for good due to land lease issues. As it is, her current kindy is next to where Gracefields was located and she frequently asked about her teachers and classmates as she passes by everyday. The Gracefields compound is now a niche korean kindy.

As time pass by, I thought I should get her school photos and classmates names properly documented before we all forgot. So pulling together all the elements, I made a layout with the photos serving as focus and also as pockets, to store the memories.

 I did some masking with Tim Holtz mask and recipe for home made mist. Can you see the slide in cards behind the photos? Those are from the leftover of the back of the shaped paper, and I had them punched, edged with Distress ink, eyelet reinforced and tied with ribbon.

Butterflies. One prima butterfly altered by me because I need some beautiful green.  I think it's my secret favourite color, after which is red yellow blue green purple pink you get the idea.

 Prima pebble! I have another one right at the top of the page. Charissa gave them to me for christmas and I thought they were some magic pebbles until I realised they were just paper based.

Close up of the tag I stamped with the Unity stamp $5 kit and machine sewn. I like the bit where one corner got chomped off by real on the sewing machine. Made it look more authentic!


Materials : DCVW Papers - speciality diecut Spring, Gradeschool stack, cardstock. MLS + K&Co scraps on butterflies. Ranger Stickles. Prima pebbles. Scrapbook Adhesives foam tape. Making Memories silver swirl. Unity Stamp. Martha Steward Classic Butterfly Punch. Distress ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment