Friday, March 18, 2011

Mini Memory Box

Here's a little something I did for a project a couple of weeks back. It's a little altered 3" diskette box left behind by my ex-colleague, who knew I wanted to collect junk for all kinds of purpose - like alteration. So I liked this very much and thought it would sit very well on my cramped work desk and could also contain all the tiny little moments that I laughed about. I made it so I can pull out one like antidote anytime I need to a quick stress relief!


This is how the box with one little sample layout looks like.  I put in one where BbC looked surprised when Ms E "kissed" her with the plastic goose. Look at that expression!

 
Pull down to open up, and flip through the layouts at random!

And a front view of it. I didn't want to alter and cover it like what most scrappers would do, as the best things are not covered but for peeking. It was also to create a peekaboo effect. I fussy cut the MLS papers to trim out two girls that Ms E said best represented the two of them, and trimmed a little fence with my punch to give the whole thing a little depth and dimension (and meadow and flowers and such) . As usual, I touched up everything with a hint of glitter from stickles.

This I think is one of my best projects so far. Enjoy!

Materials : Papers - My Little Shoebox PP, DCVW cardstock; Adhesives - Helmar, Scrapbook adhesive foam square; My Little Shoebox Stamp; Ranger Stickles;Martha Stewart Punch

Last edited to add night shot :

4 comments:

  1. This is a very good idea like a photoframe where you can change the photo randomly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh thanks. It looks great when the lights are on at night too, because the top is clear. I took a couple of shots when the light came in and it looks like those special lightbox photo frame (except this one is all my own) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I am linking to it as a favorite find this week on Practical Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete